Time is the coin of life. Only you can determine how it is to be spent. -Carl Sandberg
You only have so much in the bank. The sad truth is that there is no making deposits into this account to garner more time. Maybe with diet and exercise you can maximize your allotment, but even that is no guarantee.
Photo by Dmitry Moraine (@wildbook) on Unsplash
You will never know when the Banker closes your account permanently, but until then you can:
• Spend it wisely: “A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” –Charles Darwin
• Keep it in perspective: “Today is the oldest you’ve ever been and the youngest you’ll ever be.” –Eleanor Roosevelt
• Balance as you go: “Lost! Somewhere between sunrise and sunset, two golden hours, each set with sixty diamond minutes. No reward is offered, for they are gone forever.” –Horace Mann
• No credit solution: “Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed.” –King Henry VIII
• Find the value: “Believe me when I tell you that thrift of time will repay you in after life with usury of profit beyond your most sanguine dreams, and that waste of it will make you dwindle alike in intellectual and moral stature beyond your darkest reckoning.” –William Gladstone
• Get a return on your investment: “I say, let no one rob me of a single day who isn’t going to make a full return on the loss.” –Seneca
• Work on the micro: “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” –Muhammad Ali
• Remember you are the authorized user: “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you are the pilot.” –Michael Althsuler
• Settle up every night: “Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
• Everybody else is at the bank too, so don’t be a turd: “Start every day off with a smile and get over it.” –W.C. Fields
• Savor every bit of it: “Do not spoil the wonder with haste.” –J.R.R. Tolkien
The sand is running. Cherish each grain.